9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Baptist Medical Center South
2105 E. South Blvd.
CANCER PREVENTION STUDY-3
Research today for a cancer-free tomorrow.
Enroll at cps3montgomery.org!
What if you could prevent even one family from hearing the words “you have cancer”? This year, you can fight back against cancer by enrolling in the American Cancer Society’s new research study called the Cancer Prevention Study-3 (CPS-3). By joining CPS-3, you can help researchers better understand the genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that cause or prevent cancer, which will ultimately save lives.
Who can join the study?
The study is open to anyone who:
- Is willing to make a long-term commitment to the study, which involves completing periodic follow-up surveys at home
- Is between 30 and 65 years old
- Has never been diagnosed with cancer (not including basal or squamous cell skin cancer)
How can you participate?
Call (888) 604-5888 or visit www.cps3montgomery.org to enroll.
Soon after scheduling your enrollment appointment, you will be asked to go online and complete your first, most comprehensive survey. This survey must be completed prior to your appointment and will take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete.
At your appointment, you will be asked to:
- Sign an informed consent form.
- Complete a brief survey.
- Provide a waist circumference measurement.
- Give a small blood sample (similar to a doctor’s visit). The blood sample will be taken by a certified, trained phlebotomist.
Your appointment should last approximately 20 - 30 minutes. Upon completion of your enrollment, we will send periodic follow-up surveys to update your information and annual newsletters with study updates and results.