MONTGOMERY - The health of our patients is our top priority at Baptist Health. As the number of people reporting flu-like symptoms increases across the River Region, Baptist Health is asking that children 12 and under and all individuals exhibiting flu-like symptoms refrain from visiting patients at all Baptist Health facilities (Baptist Medical Center South, Baptist Medical Center East and Prattville Baptist Hospital). This quality measure will help keep our patients, employees and other visitors from contracting the flu.
We also would like to encourage that everyone continue carrying out proper health etiquette and follow the advice being given by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as the Alabama Department of Public Health.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue each time you sneeze or cough. Throw the tissue in the trash after use.
- Clean your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose since germs spread this way.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you are sick with flu-like symptoms, stay at home at least 24 hours after your fever is gone (without the use of a fever-reducing medicine), except to get medical care or other necessities.
Tips from the CDC.