CPOE PRACTICE Access (Shortcut)
For a PDF of instructions click here
Instructions for CPOE Practice Access
1. Open an internet browser window (Internet Explorer or Firefox) and browse to address http://access2.baptistfirst.org.
2. In the Username field, enter your Baptist Network/Citrix user ID. Enter your Baptist Network password in the Password field.
NOTE: If you do not have a Baptist network/Citrix user ID and password or you do not remember yours, please call the Help Desk at 334.273.HELP (334.273.4357).
- If you receive an Access Denied message, the username you entered does not have rights for SSL. Please be sure to inform the Help Desk about this message when you call.
- If this is your first time accessing the website, you may have to complete the following steps. After your first time accessing the website and downloading the needed components for remote access, you can skip directly to Step 7.
- To connect remotely, you will have to download and install Juniper Network Connect after you have logged in.
Download the Necessary Remote Components
1. You may be prompted that “The application’s digital signature has an error. Do you want to run the application?”
2. Select the “Always trust content from this publisher” option.
3. If you are using Internet Explorer click the beige bar asking to add on JuniperSetupClient and then click Run.
NOTE: You may see a different banner if you are using a different internet browser like Firefox or Chrome.
4. Click the beige bar asking to download the add-on Citrix Helper Control, and then from the drop-down select Run Add on.
5. Select the beige banner page and then click Run.
6. The Please Wait page displays. Please keep waiting. Do not click the Continue hyperlink because it will likely fail.
7. In the Welcome to the Secure Access SSL VPN window select Citrix MetaFrame for TRAIN/Practice work and PROD.
8. Once Network Connect has been installed and you are connected, this icon appears next to your clock. You can now access any application through Citrix as well as Groupwise if you have it installed on your personal computer.
9. Scroll down to the Cerner Training icon and click it once. The practice environment opens where you enter your personal practice log-in username and password assigned to you in class.
10. The Cerner Training Applications area opens:
- Inpatient MDs, double-click the PowerChart Train BH_AL icon.
- ED MDs – double-click the FirstNet Train BH_AL icon.
- Surgical MDs – double-click the SNSurgiNet Train BH_AL icon.
11. The screen shows Citrix loading. Wait until the blue Cerner CernerWorks log-in screen displays.
While you practice, if you have questions about the Cerner system, changes in your current processes, or changes in your current workflow please email your questions along with your name, preferred email address, and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. This inbox is being monitored daily. A reply will be returned to your email address within 24 hours Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
12. In the User Name field, enter the practice user name.
- If you are a physician, enter only the individual MD practice user name log-on you were given by your classroom trainer.
- If you are a mid-level, enter one of the practice user names listed for your role on the MD practice scenario the trainer provided to you at the end of your class.
13. The password is always icare.
NOTE: All practice user names and practice patient last names in Cerner Training start with Practice. Please do NOT use the same username and patient you used during your training class for practice after class is over
14. Click OK.
15. Locate the Patient Search field on the upper right in PowerChart and FirstNet and click the Binoculars button. In SNSurgiNet, click the Find Patient button.
16. In the patient name field, enter the last name of the type of practice patients you want to use – medical, ED, pediatric, or NICU. Enter the last practice name followed by a comma, then add a letter. For example, to locate an adult practice patient, enter the last name “PracticeAdult, c”. For a pediatric patient, enter “PracticePeds, f”. For an NICU patient, enter “PracticeNICU, g”.
NOTE: You can use any letter of the alphabet for the first name letter. If you search but get a message “No Persons Found” in the upper Patient Search pane, use another first name first letter and click Search until practice patient names do appear.
17. Double-click any patient’s name that starts with Practice.
18. The practice patient’s chart opens.
Exit the Cerner Training/Citrix Connection and Return to Your Home Network
When you are done practicing, there are two ways to exit and return to your home network.
- You can right-click the icon down by your clock and from the menu select Exit. After doing this, the icon will go away after a few seconds. Once the icon is gone, you can access your home network again.
- At the top right corner of the Welcome to the Secure Access SSL VPN page (see the bottom of page 3), you can also click the Sign Out button. You can then access your home network again.