The nurse externship program offers nursing students an opportunity to get an indepth look at the nursing field. Under the direction of a registered nurse, nurse externs provide nursing care and services to patients. Duties and responsibilities are limited to those that fall under the scope of practice of unlicensed health care providers.
• Professional nursing student
• Current enrollment in a nursing program
• Grade point average of 2.5 / C
• Able to work a minimum of 32 hours per two week pay period
• Official School transcript, sealed
• Two letters of recommendation from instructors
• Anticipated graduation date
• Must complete interview
• Must complete externship orientation
• Complete enrollment application and pre-employment health screen
• Must have completed 'Fundamentals of Nursing' course
• Tuition-free CE activities
• Scholarship funds available
• Competitive salary / shift differential
• Practical experience to enhance performance on NCLEX
• If hired as an RN, eligible to be awarded credit for PTO
based on hours worked as an extern
For more information, please contact Cindy Murphy, director of Clinical Education, at (334) 286-5539 or email@example.com.
If you are interested in the nurse externship program please apply for the job by visiting our "careers" page. If you are selected for an interview please complete the additional application which can be found under "Topics of Interest" located on this page.
Baptist Medical Center South
2105 East South Blvd.
Montgomery, AL 36111-0010